Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Welcome to my Blog

Hello. My name is Commissioner Frank Avila of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago. I thank you all for taking the time to come and read my blog.

Right now I would like to quickly introduce myself to all of you. I grew up on the Near West Side of Chicago before going on to the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana where I received a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. I then completed my Master of Science in Finance from the University of Arizona before coming back to the Chicago area. After amassing over 40 years of experience as an engineer and land surveyor, including 26 years during which I owned and operated an engineering company, I was elected to the MWRD. Currently, I live in Chicago with my lovely wife, Sherry. Sherry and I have three children, all of whom are also Chicago residents.

I was re-elected to a second term as Commissioner in November of 2008 and I look forward to continuing to partake in the invaluable work that the MWRD does every day, protecting our water environment. I would like to use this space to help inform the public about environmental issues that face our city, state and nation. I will also post updated information on the work that I am doing, both as an elected official for the MWRD and as a citizen concerned with environmental stewardship.

Please check back in often to get the most recent updates on the issues, my work, and other fun things we happen to think are of interest.

For more information about the MWRD, please visit http://mwrd.org/. Thank you all for your time and support. Hopefully I will see you back here very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment